Sunday, March 26, 2017

Science or Witchcraft?





I mentioned in an earlier post that we wanted to make our potion glow in the dark and still be safe to drink. I researched and found that tonic water should fit our demands perfectly, but it was time to put to the test.

The first thing I needed to do was to find a blacklight that was portable enough to move around and position to best fit each shot. Originally I looked at Home Depot, but found a much cheaper option in Party City.

The blacklight I got at Party City for about $15. It has a 6ft long cable and is fairly portable.

Next, I dug through my pantry and found some cans of tonic water that my mom had bought.




I put the tonic water in a clear bowl, plugged in my blacklight and hoped the internet wasn't lying.



and...


it worked!!

My next step was to do some testing to see it I could make the tonic water look green, which in our case represents youth and vigor, but also envy.

To keep it edible I used yellow food coloring thinking that yellow+blue=green.









I'm still so happy it works! I can't wait until we shoot tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

Below is my CCR for our project Love Ablaze: