Saturday, March 25, 2017

Prepping and Wish I Was There

I can't wait for when we finish filming, and I can finally start editing. Unfortunately, I am stuck in a place where there isn't much I can do to work on the project. On Wednesday, Ash and Kristen, as well as our actress, drove up to Miami to film the first half of the piece. I couldn't go because they all get out of school an hour and a half earlier than me, as seniors. While I trust that they got amazing footage, I still hate that I couldn't be there to help, and I can't wait to finally see the footage.

Kristen doing Bernie's hair!

Look at these cuties! Bernie and Ash!

Kristen's record player, which is perfect.

Some vinyl records Kristen had that they used as props.


This long weekend would have been helpful for filming the rest of our project; however, obstacles come up, and our biggest obstacle is scheduling. It's no one's fault in particular, it's just hard to find days where everyone in the group, actors included, are free. We were planning on filming on Sunday (tomorrow), even though Ash is away, but our lead actress is also traveling. Our solution is that we'll film on Monday after school, which is irritating, but doable.

While I've been waiting for footage to edit, I decided to get a head start and edit down the music we were planning on using. I am 98 percent certain this music is in the public domain, as it says it is, but I still want to double check with my teacher before using it (I have a plan B just in case). Anyways, in class on Thursday, I made a new project in Final Cut Pro, edited down the 2:30 song to 1:30, and dragged it in. The song I'm using I'll discuss more in a later post, but it is a cheerful song that will fit the tone of the piece, then eventually contrast it. It builds at the end, hopefully making the audience more uncomfortable as it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

Below is my CCR for our project Love Ablaze: