Saturday, April 1, 2017

Finally Filming

It's been a busy week! Monday after school I cleared out my garage, and we started setting up to film. Kristen bought some new light bulbs, and Ash drove the crew over.




Our idea to film with both a red and blue light seemed to work, creating an eerie purple that represents our main character's power.

We also had to assemble our set, we used all the things we bought at the thrift store plus a few extra items from our houses. I have to say when we put it all together I was really proud.

shout out to Ash, who saw the sugar cane in my backyard and grabbed it! It looks so spooky.



Video credit to Kristen

Another thing that I think will bring our piece together is the acting. We recruited our friends Bernie and Nate (Nate is in AICE Media Studies too! He's doing an animation for his final!), who so graciously filmed with us for 5 hours on a Monday. I think they both did an amazing job, playing their parts well.

Nate looking cool as usual!



We left filming Monday night exhausted, but happy to be done with the majority of shooting. To be honest we all were going a little crazy because I had the song we're using on repeat in the background to set the tone for our actors. Now to editing!

Sources:
"Purple Color Meaning – The Color Purple." Color-Meanings.com. N.p., 26 Nov. 2013. Web. 01 Apr. 2017. <http://www.color-meanings.com/purple-color-meaning-the-color-purple/>

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

Below is my CCR for our project Love Ablaze: