Saturday, March 18, 2017

Scheduling Stress, and Style Choices


We all knew that this final project would take a lot of time that we would need to manage wisely, which is why we started by making a schedule. However, coordinating three people's schedules is more difficult in practice. It turns out that Ash will be out of the state next weekend, and both Kristen and Ash will be away at their college orientation the weekend after. This means we have to rearrange our filming schedule a bit; we are planning on meeting after school on Wednesday to film the second half of the piece. This adds another layer of stress, but I believe in us, and I know we'll get it done.

As we worry about filming, I want to make sure we don't fall behind in preparations for post-production and other smaller details. Ash, Kristen, and I spent some time brainstorming our title and discussing other elements of editing that we're going to want so I can prepare the things that will take more time. I believe Kristen came up with the title, Love Ablaze. We like it because it has a lot of different meanings in the context of our piece. For one, it seems both sweet and intense, which means it fits our piece from beginning to end. Also, it's almost a play on words there are ties with our main character to the Salem Witch Trials. Our main character is a witch, who once lived during the time of the Salem Witch Trials in 1692. They're important to her because the girl she loves was burned at the stake, accused of being a witch. 

The three of us discussed what font and style the title and credits should be in, and we decided on a very cheerful cursive, inspired by Wes Anderson.

A screencap from Wes Anderson's film Moonrise Kingdom

A sketch of each word/name I need to make a title of
I started coloring my sketches (I put over a photo to show how it might look, of course, it'll look different in the actual piece)


Also, we debated whether to put the title in the beginning of the piece or the end, we decided to put it at the end. We hope it will make the audience remember their feelings in the beginning, and feel somewhat unsettled having those feelings at the end. Our plan is to make the beginning fit the lightness and happiness of the font, and the end contrast it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

Below is my CCR for our project Love Ablaze: