Sunday, April 2, 2017

Production Company Logo?

Since part of this project is showing that we can follow film conventions, we want to put a production company logo in the beginning of our piece. I wanted to make something delicate, that would go with the beginning of our piece. I was struggling to find an idea that really sat with me, until Thursday in class when Ash saw this owl in her school planner, and drew a sad face on it.

This owl really resonated with me, I thought it was a cute thing that could represent our group as a whole, while not being too specific. Then in school on Friday, I spent all day doodling up a logo that wasn't too busy or detailed. I wanted to keep it delicate. I had an idea on friday to maybe make an animation to make it more interesting. I sketched out the basic frames, and yesterday I got to putting it in an art program on my computer.

The program I used is free, it's called FireAlpaca.

From my basic sketch I got to drawing, and in about half an hour I had drawn all the frames I wanted.
All the frames in separate png files.
I put all the frames into Final Cut Pro X and retimed them all to 1/60 of a second (0:00:01). When I got to a speed I liked, I played around with putting it over the beginning of the piece, or putting it over a black screen beforehand. After discussing with my group, we decided that it looked best over a black screen. I then added some sound effects, because personally I didn't like how it felt with no sound.

We still haven't come up with a name, but when we do I'll add it to right underneath, or right above the animation.

Here it is:

Sources:
The art program I used: http://firealpaca.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

Below is my CCR for our project Love Ablaze: